Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trazadone & Sleep Disorders?

Is this medication good for getting rid of sleep disorders like insomnia? I am having this problem when I try to sleep just about when I get to sleep, I get startled/excited that I am about to sleep and it wakes me back up repeating the cycle all over. My dreams also seem to be panicked, when I wake up I feel kinda worn out. Also with the trazadone are there any side effects I should be seriously worried about? Thanks in advance. ~Pat
Answer:
I have taken trazodone for sleep and it worked really well for me my Doc told me i could take up to 150 mg at night i never had any bad side effects and i slept good

good luck
I was diagnosed with insomnia about 5 years ago and was prescribed trazadone. It does help.. at least it did help me. I found that if for whatever reason you can't take it for a couple of days in a row.. there is some withdrawal. Shakey, nervousness.. that kind of thing. I have since stopped taking it, but I had to ween myself off of it gradually. ( Benadryl works for me now, and it didn't then) I also gained about 15 pounds during the time I was taking it possibly due to the fact that I'd eat in my sleep. I had good results overall, it works well, and it's not as expensive as some of the other ones. Good luck.
Hi there I have a 15 yr old son who has been on Trazadone since he was 12 and it still works good for him.But I"m sure it can be different for everyone and could or could not side effects. I think thats something to talk to a doctor about. I wish you well. tazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net