Sunday, October 25, 2009

Teenage Depression.. help please?

This is quite simple, could you please answer these 6 questions about teenage depression? I need ALOT of diffrent answers... this is for my project... give some details... as i really would like to have a good project... THANKS for those answering.PLEASE BE HONEST!

1.Have you ever felt Depressed? Or Helpless? Or think No-one understands you?





2.If so, how can we help?






3.If not, What is your opinion towards it, do you want to help? Explain….





4.Do you have any friends suffering from “teenage depression”? How do you feel about that?





5.Why do you think so many teens are depressed?






6.What is your guess on how many teens are depressed:
a)1 in 100
b)1 in 28
c)1 in 8



THANKS AGAIN! :)

Also if you have any suggestions on how to make a movie about this. suggestions are welcome :)
Answer:
1) hasn't everybody? but it's hard to say i'm depressed, since we're never really told how intense the diagnosed cases are and how we can be happier, unless we do drastic things. i think all teenagers feel a bit depressed or really frustrated to the breaking point at least once in a while, but we never really show our emotions.
2) i like quiet- it helps me calm down and think things through. but then again, talking to me in a way that doesn't side against me and lets me explain my position. right now we really don't say anything and keep our emotions bottled up. but it is very stressful to become an adult, especially when we are still considered 'kids'.
3) X
4) Not openly, but then again maybe even my best friend could be suffering from depression and i wouldn't even know it. we keep our emotions bottled up so securely that the only time they show is when we virtually erupt. that's why i think most consider teens 'drastic'.
5) pressure to do well in school and sports, the usual. becoming an adult is stressful: it's draining to make decisions and emotionally stretch.
6) almost all teens are depressed at some point or another, but i think only 1 in 100 are chronically depressed.
i think it has to do with being in high school. high school is very clique-y and trendy. if you dont wear the right brand of clothes or if you dont hang out with the right people or are "different" then you get made fun of or you dont have a lot of friends and this is depressing. most of the time, kids get over it after they graduate high school b/c everyone seems to mature and get over the whole clique issue and everyone enters the real world.

the way to help is to have everyone understand that everyone is different in many ways and that is hard for teens to understand about each other.
my guess is 1/28 teenagers are depressed (yea whatev if i'm just doing your hw for you..:P it's kinda fun) yes i have felt depressed at times. especially lately (i'm 15) but it's nothing hardcore. sometimes i just get sad for no reason and happy for no reason and it's all part of hormones. and at one point in my life i thought i was going to commit suicide but then i realized that was for attention and i stopped thinking crazy **** like that.

and to help, just listen and be willing to listen. don't put them down and don't make them think they're crazy.

teenagers get depressed because they are selfish and they think they can have whatever they want, and when they don't get it, they become emo and sulk. pretty much the story of my life..

and to make a movie, just make someone be hopeless and always putting themselves down, and the friends help her get all better. make sure it has a happy ending! people love that. ahahaha best of luck with this!!
1. yes i have, I do almost everyday.
2. well I'm finally able to talk to people...and I just want ppl to be there and not to judge me
3. I do get help. I have meds and therapy
4. yes I do. I'm just glad to be there for them
5. probably since there is such big changes and hormonally changed.
6. c
Yep i have felt depressed and no one would understand me since i was 8. No one can i just talk to my friends for savor. There my rock and there stuck with me. Yes i do but me and my friends have built a support system and i just moved away from them and we have been leaning on the system more and more daily. I feel as long as we can stop them from doing anything unrash they will be fine. Many because of the things that are going on in there life that can't help but be overwhelmed. I think i in 8 are depressed.
1. Yes. Yes. Yes. I have depression, so I feel those things constantly.

2. No, that's what I have my therapist for.

3. I really don't understand this question. Sorry. If you're asking if I want help, yes. But not from people who have no clue what I'm going through.

4. I have a few friends that suffer from depression. Some have even had to go into institutions because they've tried to kill themselves. I feel bad for them because depression sucks, but they've gotten help now.

5. Same reason adults suffer from depression. Things are too fast paced, and yah, I don't really know. Just something that happens, you know?

6. B. Or maybe C. I think it's more like 1 in 15.

A movie? You could interview some random kids who were depressed. It really depends on what you want the theme to be, I guess. Do you want it to be about getting depressed kids help or just what happens to teengers who are depressed. Email me if you want, and maybe I could help.
I felt depressed, helpless and that no one understood what I was going through when I was a teenager. Bullying was one factor of my depression and feelings of helplessness. It seemed that it was...ok...for kids to tease, harass, intimidate and ridicule you because you were different in the bullies eyes and adults attitudes were...oh well..kids will be kids. ...Well, I say, what a stupid attitude for adults to have. We dont allow or want things like that to go on in the adult world so why do we let kids get away with it. It just shows bullies they can get away with hurting another human being emotionally and even physically which leaves the victim depressed and feeling like there is no solution to their problem. If things arent changed the way bullies are dealt with then I think there will many, many more depressed young people out there feeling that no one understands or will help in situations like that. I think 1 in 8 kids are probably depressed. I'm sure there are many that dont even give a clue to how they are feeling. They probably keep everything bottled up inside and its written off that they are just having a bad day or are maybe coming down with something. Parents and people in positions of authority need to be vigilant and ask questions when a child or teenager isnt acting like their normal selves. Always approach the situation with calmness and a willingness to help if you can no matter what the problem may be. Someone willing to talk with them about what they are going through and that there could possibly be a solution may be just what that child needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
1. totally
2.you can try but im not sure how
3.I want help yes but do i get it? no
4.yes it is ok cause i have it too
5.unsure
6.c

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net