Sunday, October 25, 2009

The ring traumatized me.?

Ever since i saw that moive years ago ive always been afraid of that samara girl every time i go to bed. like shes gonna come out of my tv wait till i wake peer over at her face and kill me b.c i looked at her demented face. its really weird i wish i never saw that movie. any suggestions? i just wanna get rid of these damn thoughts that could never happen but my mind conviences me it could when it cant
Answer:
Give me a break, if you really want to get scared watch the original Exorcist.
Weird, ask a mental health professional. Sure doesn't sound pleasant. Is this a dream? I have recurring dreams myself. Not real nice ones.
Watch Scary Movie 3 I think it is. It makes fun of that movie. That might help.
Go to IMDB or yahoo images and look at the ACTUAL face of the actual child (i.e., Daveigh Chase). Not scary at all. Just an ordinary child in hideous makeup.

Look at the pictures of the actual child, and imagine seeing her in actual, ordinary situations (e.g., walking to school, eating at McDonalds, playing a video game). Consider renting another movie in which this child appears in a non-scary role (she has appeared numerous times on TV and in film).

Normalize your experience of her as much as possible, and focus on the fact that this is just a garden variety kid. No need for fear. Whenever the fear arises at night, tell yourself (USE her actual name) "Oh, that's just Daveigh. She's an ordinary child".

Best of luck,
~M~
see a social worker
like someone above me said, you should look for pictures of the actual girl who plays that little girl.
i remember that movie totally freaked me out too but then i realized that if she was gonna come out and kill me, it would have happened already.
it hasn't and it wont.
just try and think that it is just a movie and keep it out of your mind.
whenever you think about it, try to think of your favorite movie instead.
I know how you feel - every now and again those images sneak up on me. A few days ago my daughter was sitting up in bed at my MIL's house and freaked me out -- think tv on - dark room - little girl with dark hair strong in her face sitting up in the middle of the night (she was supposed to be sleeping so it really caught me off guard). Just relax -- it was a freaky movie - but I like how some have suggested seeing the girl with just the makeup on - then you will get a better image stuck in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net