Sunday, October 25, 2009

Teenage Recluse?

I'm becoming a teenage recluse, and it's ruining me! I started acting at the age of 2. Nothing major, just commercials, and a few movies. I was always so outgoing, and I got all of the commercials I auditioned for. I've even met quite a few famous people! It started getting uncomfortable...I grew more and more shy, until I eventually quit acting at 12. I'm now 16. I'm so shy, and have a hard time making friends. I like my friends, but to be honest, I'd rather stay home with my family than go out with them. I don't have many close friends, and the ones I've had for awhile slowly seem to fade away, until I lose track of them. I hate calling friends up and inviting them over to my house. I always feel like they're bored and don't want to be there when they do come over. I don't mind inviting them to a movie, or shopping but that's getting old. Anything I could do to be more social, and make more friends?
Answer:
You feel how you feel. You can be alone but not be lonely.
If you're comfortable at home that's cool. One or two good friends are OK too.You sound like a pretty cool person to me.
Oh love poor you, have you thought about why you have become this way??

Is there any kind of sports clubs or leisure centres you can go to, go swimming or take up a sport of some kind. Howabout theme parks or days out in cities or towns that you have never been to before. get on a train and go somewhere else. The way you must look at it is if they are bored with you then they aren't real friends. You sound like you worry about what other people are thinking. You really need to push yourself to go out love and not be around your family all the time. I'm sure your family have said the same or they will in time. they will want you to get out.

I used to be like you, And then i got ill and stayed in for days and days, Then when i got better it seemed strange to go out and you just get used to staying in. So then you have to push yourself out of that rut. Have a chat with one of your friends. Ask them to introduce you to different people. Your friends could be real friends and help you out here. Ask them to invite you out when they go out, You'll be surprised how many people you meet
Everyone is different. I feel sorry for people that need to constantly be around others and always need attention, drama and action going on in their lives. I prefer an isolated lifestyle...it helps me create, it makes me happy and provides me with all kinds of time to learn new things, cook, read, paint and things that you can't do with other people around all the time. To keep it from becoming a problem, try to get a good mix of activities that get you out there, even if it's movies or some kind of random social event.
The problem with modern day living is that people like to suggest you have a problem if you're not super social and that's just not the case. Most of the really intelligent people I know are kind of solitary and they prefer it. They're not unhappy or depressed or 'hermits.' If they have to go out, they do but they don't feel like they always have to be in a social mix. And that's important. Because a LOT of people can't stand to be alone, become co-dependent on others when really, YOU are the only person who can make yourself happy. Persue your passions and interests and don't let it become a problem.
As far as your putting on a smile all the time, that will come with some age and wisdom. It depends on what kind of environment you grow up in to some degree but you'll soon learn that it doesn't matter whether people think you're happy or sad...as long as you can process your emotions in a healthy way, it's OK to let people see you disappointed or depressed because they're both temporary emotional reactions. Don't be afraid to let people know how you feel because an honest friend is a good friend. As you develop more mature relationships, you'll feel a lot more comfortable sharing your true feelings. Just growing pains to a degree. I'm not trying to make light of your situation because I've been there, but it does pass.
dont worry bout the other person so much! How bout board games at home? Have fun dont b so critical of yourself
Have you thought that you might have avoidant personality disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net