Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trazadone / Health / Effects?

I just went on this med, 50mg before bed to sleep. I am/went through a bad case of insomnia/depression and was prescribed it by a mental health doc/nurse. It seems to help, I have had it twice, and am supposed to take it again. I really want to be able to sleep normally and not be dependant on a med.

Health /Effects Questions: I don't really notice to much on the side of a problem other than if I have to get up and use the restroom I have a hard time getting there usually and by morning I am out of it and feel weird and spacey.

Is Trazodone a safe med to take? I generally refrain from all meds unless its really necessary.

Is it also easy to go off of? If I start sleeping and feeling normal again I would like to stop it, as said, I have taken it twice and tonight will be the third time.


Thanks in advance.
~Pat
Answer:
I've been taking 50 mg. Trazadone for quite a while, most, but not all, nites. No side effects but I believe it is only marginally effective for me. Have not heard nor read anything bad about it.
i used to take them but they leave you feeling drained not refreshed
I took it myself a few years back. I didn't like it. I know it's for depression as well as insomnia. It did help me sleep but it did nothing for my depression.
I do know that it is a safe med and many people use it.
If it does help you with your sleeping I bet eventually you will be able to come off of it.
Make sure you give it time to work...weeks to a month or so before it is fully in your system.
I was on it for at least five years, at first it effected my vision and made me very tired, I made mistakes of taking some in the mornings..maybe after your on it for several months you may feel o.k. as long as you take it at night..but I feel better,,more alert now that I have been off of it for eight months or more..I'am like you,,I don't want any meds..
Trazadone made me throw up. I'm glad it didn't do that to you. I like Ambien. I feel so refreshed when I take it. I have awful insomnia so I really feel your pain
That is a low dose of Trazadone, it help[s insomnia it's usually used in a much higher dose for anti depression. If 5-0 mg seems too much cut it in half and try that, It is a non addictive drug it is easy to go off of I used to have to use 300 mg just for sleep and still didn't most nights I don't use it anymore as I use something else but I know several people who do use It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net