Sunday, October 25, 2009

Teenagers!! Nightmare?

My son is that awkward age, and very stubborn if he does not want to do anything.getting out of bed, and going to school...stress !! stress!! stress !!...Anybody out there with the same problem.Help!!..i would like to hear from different people with the same problem..Great tips..i am looking for...
Answer:
Pippin I really didn't even read the others, hope I am not repeating. I dont know how long this has gone on, and I DO NOT favor the use of drugs. However, I grew up with a brother, and now have a son that are dealing with ADD. Attention Deficit Disorder. That may not be the case at all I have no idea. 2-3 years ago, a friend of mine was going through very similar issues with his son. He did not get him tested until a few months ago. He is on adderall just like my son, and it has turned his world around. He is getting great grades, he and his dad are getting along, he feels much more positve and energetic because he is doing better he feels better about himself and his life over all. I hope this helps you and you child, watching someone lose self esteem is a miserable thing to go through. The best of luck to you all.
a little support will do
if hes you to do something like drive to a friends house
tell him your too lazy and to ride his bike
Refuse to feed him unless he does what he is told.

Including his washing in the threat will only assist your plight.

Go get him.
Getting out of bed at an early hour I can understand.
Not wanting to get out of bed at all? That may be another issue.

I do remember as a teenager, I loved getting sleep. The brain is going through a lot of changes during adolescence and they may need extra (my non-clinical opinion).

Your average teenager may not especially enjoy going to school, but there should be aspects of school he likes.

If his stubborn-ness is to the point of holding him back from functioning and is causing undue stress in your family, I'd pay a visit to the pediatrician to see if there is any medical causes or need for a referral to another doctor.
Stop mothering him, you will make the problem worse.
Buy him an alarm clock and tell him he is not a baby now and he is old enough to take responsibility for getting out of bed and getting ready for school.
But don't give in to him, if he sleeps in then it is his problem not yours, he needs to grow up and start taking responsibility for his life and his actions. If he can't manage a simple task like getting out of bed and getting ready for school, then how is he going to manage in the world of work?
Sometimes a bit of tough love is good.
Try and be more cold with him when he is moody.
Just tell him straight what you want from him and make sure he understands that.
Don't run around him because that is what he wants!
another thing will be speaking with him.
maybe he just doesn't want to go to school.
If that is the reason, WHY?
dont be to wingey about stuff and mythering that he isnt getting out of bed on weekends or that hes lazy. my mum and dad do all that and it frustrates the fuckin shi t out of me. just be more leniant on weekends with sleep
I was the same way in the morning. First of all, I hated being woken up for anything. Secondly, I hated waking up and going to sit at school. (The mornings at my school were often slow and dull.) However, that was the only time I was "stubborn." I think it's just a phase everyone may or may not go through. If your son is like me in the mornings, don't be annoying or pissed off in the morning, that's something I still refuse to wake up to.
Anyway, I agree with Malcolm G. I think he'll grow out of that when his grades are pathetic and he's struggling to make up credits like I am.
Malcolm g _ I agree with your thoughts, but in the UK, it is the parents responsibility to make sure the kids go to school, and if they miss school we can get sent to prison. So as much as we would like to tell our kids to sort out there own mess and take responsibility the government makes us Mummy them untill they are 16.
Tell him he is grounded if he keeps it up, don't let him out apart from to school, take away his games console, t.v, dvd player etc untill he learns to sort himself out. Good luck. My daughter is 10, hates getting out of bed, hates going to sleep at night, can't win, but my children are allways at school like it or lump it. Keep your chin up.
whatever you do ..DO NOT follow all thses instructions at once as they will not work! trust me!
and try to be consistent in whatevr you do e.g. if you tell him that ur not going to to feed him, you cant give him dinner one day and then not give it to him the next
you don't really say what age. i have two teenage boys and there anightmare too. i would be lucky if i get a grunt out of them each day. i think they have been taken over by aliens. i'm assured its a stage they all go through. do what the army do debed him/her. tell them if they are at home- they run house- housework etc. or if they think they can have a laid back life, then they can get out and earn their keep. easier said than done though eh?
do you remember how to whop on that tale i play this game with my 15 years old called whop his @ss now i don't have that problem no more
What is "crickey"? Anyway, you are the parent and need to take control of him before he is legal to take control himself. Pull him up out of the bed, throw his butt in the shower to wake him up! Dont take his attitude! I know it is hard, but do it and get support and help if you need it. Talk to his teachers or guidance counselor at school and tell them what is going on...
Do it now before it is too late
Also maybe do look into the ADD/ADHD thing.. good thinking!
sounds like he is running you
dropping out of school is NOT the answer.

It is hard enough to get a decent job WITH a high-school diploma.

How is he going to support himself?

sounds like you are going to have a 35 year old still living at home.

have you looked into the local junior college for HS completion classes he might be able to attend during hours he is awake?

Have you had him tested for drugs?
I am going to take a different approach here and compare it to my brother who was the same way at the same age. Is there a slight chance that he is suffering from depression? I know this seems radical, but it starts early if it is chemical. My brother ended up Bi-Polar and went through ALOT. I always wonder what would have happened had we seen it earlier. We want to just call them lazy or unfocused, or pass it off as a stage. But it is NOT normal, he should be wanting to be out spending time with friends or just doing things he likes, even school. If he avoids school, there is a reason usually. It came out later that my brother felt everyone disliked him and he despised going. I most likely overanalyzed this, but just in case...only a suggestion. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW teenagers can just be a pain in the ***...but we always assume that they are, so I just thought I'd throw this in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net