Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trauma after a medium-type injury?

Unconsciousness, concussion, bruising, bleeding, cuts injury.

Can this leave me feeling traumatised (not that anybody but me would notice?) some three weeks after the event?

I am not a person who suffers from nerves or depression or anxiety. Trauma takes the form of misreading other people and makes social interaction nigh impossible.
Answer:
you need to see your doctor and get the proper referrals. probably a neurologist? TBI - traumatic brain injury - can effect your brain seriously. You need to get the proper help. Get checked out. You are not crazy. I am shocked they didn't offer you the proper care at the time of injury.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/t...
Yes.
grow a set of nuts girly man
Yes, you can be traumatized after an injury.
I was traumatizes after a car accident over 50 years ago and as a result when I see a car with its head lights on parked on the wrong side of the road I break out with a panic attack. Also I can't wear a seat belt for fear of being trapped in a car and have a doctors note not to wear one.
yes it is very possible to suffer trauma 3 weeks 3 years and even 30 years after the fact. you know sometimes our body go into a lets say shock state where we don't take it all in for some reason and then all of a sudden boom it hits you like a tone of bricks. if its effecting your life so much just pop to the doctors they will help you get past it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net