Saturday, October 31, 2009

Throat tightening?

Hi, I suffer extremely bad panic attacks. The other day i was in the cinema and I suddenly felt really dizzy. Then, my heart was pounding and i actually felt like my throat was closing! I could hardly swallow and i was scared beyond belief. Has anyone had a similar side effect from panic and is it life threatening? Cos when this happens i feel like i am going to die! Thanks
Answer:
HI YA NO THESE ARE NOT LIFE THREATNING BUT THEY ARE WELL SCARY MY 23 YR OLD NEPHEW HAS ABOUT 6 A DAY ITS ALL TO DO WITH STRESS AND ANXIETY YOU MUST CARRY A BROWN PAPER BAG WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES AND WHEN YOU FEEL AN ATTACK COMING ON YOU JUST BREATH IN AND OUT OF THE BAG IT PUTS CARBON MINOXIDE BACK IN YOUR LUNGS I THINK ITS CALLED THAT CARBON IS WHAT LACKS IN THE LUNGS WHEN THIS HAPPENS ALSO TRY TO KEEP CALM ALTHOUGH COMPLETLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WHEN HAVING THESE ATTACKS SOME TIMES THERE ARE UNDERLYING PROBLEMS MY NEPHEW WENT TO THE DOCTORS WHO REFERED HIM TO A COUNCELLER BUT REFUSED LIKE MOST PEOPLE STATING HE DIDNT NEED TO SEE ONE OF THEM THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM AND THE ATTACKS JUST GOT WORSE EVENTUALLY I PURSUADED HIM TO GO AND AFTER 6 MONTHS OF SEEING THEM THE ATTACKS HAVE VANISHED AND TOUCH WOOD HAVENT CAME BACK FOR 9 MONTHS AFTER LOOSING HIS NAN TO LUNG CANCER THE ATTACKS CAME SHORTLY AFTER DEATH GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW GOOD LUCK SORRY I WENT ON A BIT BUT HOPE ITS HELPS YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE SUFFERING THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THEY WILL GO BUT YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DOCTOR X
Go to a doctor.
Throat tightening is a part of the anxiety attacks. I strongly suggest you read about how to help yourself deal with them and seek out professional help with a counselor in talk therapy.

You can control those symptoms by self-talk; understand that what you are thinking is irrational and begin to tell yourself that everything is fine. You can do more, I suggest you find out what is best for you.
I used to suffer terrible panic attacks the shaking was uncontrolable but the throat tightening was awful and I thought I would throw up in front of eveyone....just remember to to take huge deep breaths in through your nose and out your mouth...this will also help to relax you just do it very slowly with your eyes shut so nothing distracts you! good luck...try to pinpoint the start of the attacks and deal with the issue...this in the long term will decrease the attacks I have not had one for years now..touch wood!
Yes I have. You are not dying, it is not life threatening. It is a common symptom of anxiety and panic attacks. You really should see your GP as there are treatments.
Its a symptom of a panic attack and isnt life threatening - its your bodies fight or flight reaction to a situation!
It isn't life threatening, although you could pass out from it. If you did pass out you would start to breath automatically.

You do however need to see your doctor as he/she will be able to offer you some treatment.

Good luck
A.D.
yeah its definitly a symptom of panic attacks and not life threatening i suffer from this.go to your doctors and ask him to refer you to a councillor they can realy help.panick attacks are horrible things to have to deal with and i have the greatest sympathy for you,hopefuly one day they will subside.good luck
http://www.depressionhurts.com/index.jsp...
How much water do you drink? How often do you eat? Sounds like you could have some dehydration. Drinking soda is not a substitute to water. Also, you probably need to eat better. What is your diet like? Do you eat enough protein and leafy greens?
Yes I get this.

When I feel like this I take deep breaths and keep telling myself that I'm OK, nothing's going to happen, it's fine.
If possible I get myself away from the situation I'm in untill I can breath easily again.
If I can't get myself away from it, I close my eyes (again if the situation I'm in makes that possible) and try to calm down.
If I'm with someone who I can tell I let them know what's going on and they can try and help me calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net