Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today I felt like I was losing it with our stress situation?

A package was delivered for my husband and it turned out to be a hand gun. He's an avid hunter and likes to shoot as a pastime. But right now he's fighting cancer and I've seen a "little out of it." I felt a gun was the last thing he needs. He's not as "with it" as he used to be with his illness. Was it wrong for me to be mad at the gun dealer for selling it to him and that he purchased it? I was sooooo mad!
Answer:
I can thoroughly understand where you are coming from.

I would report what you have said about his condition to both his Dr. and to the gun dealer who sold it.

Could you have refused the delivery, or returned it?

For advice, you may want to ask a general question of the local law enforcement, and express your concerns.
Well I dont understand what you mean by out of it but I can tell you some people who are dealing with cancer live like they arent because they still want to live a normal life and if you mean by out of it as he is depressed than I would be concerned for him if I were you but if you mean something else than I dont know if I would be mad or anything. Just remember it wasnt the gun dealers fault because if he has no past history of anything and he doesnt know if he had cancer and a lot of people dont know that a person has cancer because they dont tell everyone than its really nothing he did wrong. What about going with him at first when he goes hunting or whatever he does? Than you can watch him and see what he actually has planned with the gun. You might feel more at ease and later on you might be ok with him hunting alone but share you feelings with your husband. Im sorry you and he is going through such a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net