Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tips for over comming depression?

Does anyone have any please? How did you overcome depression?
Answer:
I think it all depends on who you surround yourself with. It depends on what you do with yourself day in and day out. YOu need to surround yourself with positive, inspiring people, who dont have to REMIND you that you're a great person, but will make you FEEL like a great person.

You need to do physicall activity to build endorphins - go for a bike ride, a run, a swim, a hike, whatever... Get your body healthy. Once you build endorphins, those are your happy sensors.

You need to find something you love to do and do it. Find something you love to read and read it... surround yourself with things you LIKE. understand that life is a blessing, and maybe even develop faith.

YOu are only depressed when you feel like its the "same old" and you cant think of any alternatives. EVERYONE gets in that rut. But its up to YOU to get out of it. My take is you're lazy. and dont want to move. You just want to sit there and sleep or sit there and eat or just... sit there.

Well if you want to feel better, you need to get up and find a new alternative.

You have all the power, so you go make it happen.
Positive thinking, keep yourself(mind) busy,exercise.
it depends what kind of depression but with mine I have councelling do EFT and distract myself from negative thoughts.
It depends on the type of depression and the cause.

Talking to a doctor is a good first step.
Exercise is probably a good place to start and maybe a new hobby.
Good luck
i didn't ever have it but my mom did she went to counseling for three months she also is on medicine it really helped her.
go some were fun, or just talk to your parents and friends.
i got a therapist and went on prescription anti-depressants. my friends and family were all very supportive and still are. depression for me will be a lifelong thing, so it is important to stop it before it starts if possible.
Depends what your depressed about. If you suffer from the disorder, you should see a doctor. But, if your sad over something try thinking of anything that makes you smile. Your child having fun, a baby you love, singing, what ever you enjoy. Every time you feel depressed, change the frequency to thinking of anything that made you your happiest. The more you dwell on being sad, the more it manifest. Hey, you're alive... that's something to be happy about.
Think like u have a something to do 30 yearz from now.

So u can forget about being depress.

but u can't.

Just try not to be.

{pray?}
Totally involve yourself in others...be there for the sick, the lonely, the homeless, the hurting. When you are helping others your own problems seem to disappear and you recieve a great satisfaction of self-worth. Hope you have the energy to actually 'get up and go'!!
We are all prone to bouts of depression.

However, if you have been depressed for 2 weeks or more and/ or have thoughts of suicide or hurting others, then you need to go see a therapist.
Healthy eating (lots of omega 3 and wholegrains)
Exercise 3 times a week
Therapy
I dont think you do, you learn to live with it, I have suffered since was 16 and am now 30 and only just getting help. I take 2 types of medication and have 1 2 1 cognative therapy, and still have bad days. Holding down a full time job and an online business and having a boyfriend I love helps give me somthing to keep going for. Lots of great books about that will help too. Good luck.
One of the things us people with depression do is .nothing. We sit around looking at the walls and have not interest in anything.

A very wise old man told me to just get off my butt and start doing things. I had to make a list of things I wanted to do in my house; chores, wash the care, mow the lawn, etc., etc. By doing SOMETHING, we get out of ourselves and it helps our moods. When you don't have anything more to do, go for a bike ride, contact a friend to hang out with, help family with things around the house, etc. The number one thing is to take care of yourself. Make sure you eat right and regularly. Brush your teeth. Take a shower. Dress nicely and do your hair. All of these help our blue mood and help bring us out again.

I know how this feels and really wish you well.
Find a good psychiatrist, don't do like I did and depend on your regular doctor. They just don't know as much as psychiatrists do. You may have more than just depression and it would take a psychiatrist to diagnosis it.
I had a really awful spell of depression a little while ago. I really wouldn't wish it on anyone. It completely wore me out and I couldn't stop crying. I kept the TV on all night and slept on the sofa for a while (so it would be like having a bit of company) and I used to drink loads and loads and loads of orange squash. I think it must have been the sugar in it or something. After a while, I started to get tiny bits where I would feel happy or smile ( I was so releaved to smile or feel a tiny bit happy). After that, the tiny bits of happiness got to bigger bits of happiness and I started to completely re-build my life. It takes time but be patient with yourself. If you don't feel up to something, don't let anyone push you. I was on anti-depressants too but I found they made me feel like rubbish.
ive suffered with it almost all my life- i dont think you ever overcome it-ive resigned myself to the fact that it may always be there in the background but the way i handle it is what counts-no doubt about it keeping busy works better than anything-you just fill your time with anything whether it be a hobby/work/exercise and keep at it. you wont have time to be depressedp- believe me time doing nothing-especially on your own is your worst enemy-good luck hun x
Depression be caused by a number of different reasons. Medical, mental, life style, diet, relationships. You got to know the cause of the problem before you can figure out how to change your situation. A good phyciatrist can help you figure out the cause. You don't have to be "nuts" to get a mental checkup every now and then.

I like to hang with friends.
I found it helpful to try to stick to a daily routine. Routine is our friend, it keeps us going without having to think too much which is a great help with depressive illness.

It may seem counter-intuitive because you lose some freedom in your day-to-day activity but in the long run you are actually more free to worry about things you can actually change.

Good luck and keep at it, you can get through it!
Jo, wish i could talk to you face to face. I have suffered more than anyone from depression , it has completely controlled every moment of my life. When i was about 2 i used to cry because i was too scared to die and be buried. All stemmed from that.There are no tips to overcome it, medication only blanks it. I would love to give you flowers but depression aint that easy, im in the biggest **** ever right now but its becoming the norm, good luck, x x x
get OUT if you don't feel like brushing your hair or dressing up well don't just take a walk to the local park or wasteland or out into your garden if you have one take a thermos cup of tea or coffee and just feel the fresh air and don't let any negative thoughts enter your mind it is amazing how good it feels good luck i have had depression most of my life and this works for me and it don't cost a Penny and you don't have to talk to people try this for a few days but go see your doctor as they will help my thoughts will be with you let us know how you get on p,s, hnd just to get you started here is some hugs and kisses OOOXXX
There are many good website on the net here are a couple of links to get you started.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mood+gym%26amp;...

http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/...
Pray, do give more details else we go into wrong directions. How long have you been sufferring? Some of your reactions, feelings?Depressed over what matters? Or is it you were just feeling "sad" during the past few days because of a relatively minor incident? Way to go!

Looking forward to your quick response!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net