Sunday, October 25, 2009

Superiority complex?

Do you know someone that has one and how do you deal with this?
Answer:
Be kind and pity them.

superiority complex
n.
1. An exaggerated feeling of being superior to others.
2. A psychological defense mechanism in which feelings of superiority counter or conceal feelings of inferiority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/superiority...

"Superiority complex refers to a subconscious neurotic mechanism of compensation developed by the individual as a result of feelings of inferiority. The term was coined by Alfred Adler (February 7, 1870 鈥?May 28, 1937), as part of his School of Individual Psychology."
yes i just say obscenities under my breath
Unless it is work related I avoid them. They tend to "suck the life" out of you. The closer the relationship with them the more difficult it is and there is NO way to change them. best wishes
I think we all do at times depending on the situations and subjects. I cringe when I do it because its not an attractive feature. I just put up with others that do it because I know I've done the same thing at times.
No I'm fortunate not to know anyone like that.
There are many people out there who are obsessed with their own knowledge/looks/accomplishment... etc. I love to crack off or be fresh with them. Give some examples and I will try to help. Comments that they don't understand but make others around you laugh will usually shut them up. When they are around you.
I have run into a few like that. I am learning you can't argue with them because they are positive they are right.
I even asked questions of a certain one, and he has been very nice about his answers. That doesn't mean I agree, and he knows that. When he says something that makes sense, I tell him so.
Ones who are way off and won't even discuss it, I guess it's better to leave well enough alone. I didn't give Lucas a thumbs down because I asked for opinions and that was his.
My husband's ex has this problem..and so does her mother..to the extreme...(Boy, could I tell you some stories!)...
I usually try to put it past me, when treated as though I am a "second class" citizen...we have to put up with her because of a child involved...
Just so you'll know.. I had NOTHING to do with their break-up (he was DIVORCED TWO YEARS before we even met)...
I do NOT like people like this..don't want to be around it..don;t want to be subjected to it...and I try to tell myself they must really be insecure...
Although...one "fun" thing to do..is when I am around them..(for ball games, etc) my husband and I whisper constantly, giggle and hold-hands..kiss..whatever..ju... to make them squirm a little (it works, too...childish yes...but still fun!)...because when they dane to acknowledge our presence, they look down their noses at me...(and my husband)...my husband said he used to always order a cheeseburger at the country club, instead of steak or salmon like the rest of the table, just to p-ss them off..he knew they would be SHOCKED for anyone THEY knew to see THEIR son-in-law eating a cheeseburger in a country club at dinner!
He thought it was hilarious! (so do I !)...
Narcissistic Personality Disorder and a sense of entitlement

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net