Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ur opinions on using natural marijuana in moderation 4 anxiety ?

This is an open quest.
Answer:
There are actually more side effects to prescription anti anxiety medications than there are in Marijuana. Some anti anxiety medications are physically addictive, Benzodiazepines in particular. Marijuana works differently in different people. In some it can ease anxiety quite well although in others it can actually increase anxiety and trigger panic attacks and paranoia. It all depends on the particular individual.
As an glad-to-be-ex-joint smoker then I can say that marijuana causes anxiety. Paranoia is well known effect with smokers of weed.
I am a working class person and a mother and I have had a dr tell me to use this for anxiety in the past just dont take it to far only use it for the anxiety and remeber to use it in moderation
i have no problem with pot. ive used it for a while now [not a pot head opr anyhing] and i honestly think if the government didt make so much money for possesion tickets and drug busts, they'd legalize it. alchol is definately more dangerous. i think its an okay idea as long as you dont get too hooked.
First off...It is illegal. And if you are that anxious that you need meds first get a counselor and then go to your primary care phycisian and get a legal anti-anxiety pill!
It works. Simple as that. Not the best way to deal with anxiety and stress, but is no worse than taking an benzo each day. The best way to beat stress is exercise and get to the root of the problem. Deal with the underlying issue.

Taking an Anti-depressant each day may not be a bad idea.
If it's Kosher and legal. And if it's not the forbidden Tree of Knowledge. I'm still trying to figure that out

Also if there is nonKosher alcohol consumption going on it will hurt the people who smoke or consume marijuana
Personally, that would be a completely ineffective way for me to relieve anxiety. Weed tends to make me paranoid and more anxious, which is fairly common, although some people do not react to it that way. I am all for it being made legal and am not opposed to it's use in moderation, but I know for me it exacerbated, instead of relieved, mental health symptoms. It made me moodier, more irritable, etc in general when I smoked regularly.

Also, recently study results have suggested that heavy use is linked to the development of schizophrenia. (Of course, this could just be that people with psychiatric issues...but who have not actually gotten to the point of psychosis. are trying to self medicate.)
I don't know about the smoke, but the pill mellows you out legally, and prevents those feelings of dread, and fear. That is all anxiety is. I know this first hand. I don't take the pills, ( I know I should), but they make me feel to laid back. Then I can't do anything, I mean nothing. I refuse to live the rest of my life 'zonked' out of my mind. So I do deep breathing,
when I feel an attack coming on,(which is rare). and I try to stay out of stressful situations.
Hi:

Natural Marajuana in moderation for Anxiety? Hmmmmm

Well if you don't want man made chemicals/meds and want to go the All Natural way then what about these All Natural to help relieve Anxiety:


All Natural Lavender Soothing Bath:
A wonderful warm bath with real Essential Oil of Lavender added to your bath. Lavender is known for it's calming effect, soothes your nerves, reduces tension, stress, tension headaches and many other wonderful uses. I use Lavender every where I can and most importantly I never leave home with out it!

Breathing:
Concentrate and focus on your breathing, in thru the nose for count of 5 and out thru the mouth for a count of 5. Keep it nice and regular and breathing to calm, reduce aggitation, etc is a great way to help Anxiety.

Drinks to Drink:
Warm milk is always a good drink to help calm your tension, stress, Anxiety...Milk contains Tryptophan which is an amino acid that helps to produce serotonin which we all know serotonin makes us feel better.

Catnip:
I know, sounds bizarre. It makes cats go haywire but on people it has the reverse effect. It acts on people as a mild sedative due certain chemicals that are naturally in catnip and believe it or not catnip does come in prefilled tea bags for us people

Hops:

Yes...the herbs used in making beer, also has a sedative effect on us.

Caffeine:
We all know this increases our feelings of anxiety, so try to lower the amount of caffeine that you take in a day, the more you lower the caffeine intake, the better you will feel.

Exercise:
When we exercise our bodies produce more Endorphins. Endorphins is a natural body chemical that helps to block out physical pain and also makes us happy. The more we laugh, the more endorphins we secrete, those endorphins make us to laugh a little longer which then again produces and releases more endorphins. So I guess maybe we all should just laugh non stop 24 hrs a day and keep a steady level of endorphins coming.

Alcohol:
At first when drinking alcohol we all feel a little more loosened up and less anxiety, but when the effects of the alcohol wear-off, our anxiety symptoms always come back but you are taking a chance that your anxiety level may be higher than what it was befor you drank. Another wonderful chemical reaction in our bodies.

Natural well being supplements in the form of pills:
You can try Valerian (It stinks) but if you want to relieve the symptoms you are having, then block your nose swallow real real real fast and maybe you won't be grossed out. But the benefits of Valerian Root far out weight the disgusting smell.

Kava Kava is also another herb that acts like Valerian Root does not smell as bad, but it still does stink and taste gross. I use the liquid form and add a few drops to some water and block my nose, drink real fast, and make gross faces for a minute after but to me it is worth it

Be safe and be well

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net