Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trazodone, Morning After?

I am currently taking trazodone 50mg at night for insomnia. It seems to help me sleep, but my question is when I wake up I feel out of it and a little anxious (weird dreams too). The most thing that bothers me is the anxious feeling. Breathing helps get it under control. I just wondered if any of you have experienced the same. Thanks.
Answer:
This can be a fairly common side effect to Trazadone. Monitor this closely and see if it abates with a little more time. Not sure how long you have been taking this medication but this is a complaint that some patients have until they reach therapeutic dosage. best wishes
you don't say how long you've been on it but i would definitely tt my dr about it. i take it and other than feeling tired in the morning it makes me feel great. everyone's body reacts differently to medication, though, so i would check to see if this can be a normal side effect. good luck!
ok so i did some research b/c I thought it was strange that you weretaking trazodone for insomnia. Are you taking any other medications? Trazodone is an anti phycotic drug used for severe mental disorders. It has a sedative in it but The sedative is used for people with mental disorders to calm them down. There are so many drugs out there to make you sleep these days. There is no reason that you shoudl be on this type of medication unless you have some of these mental disorders. Being anxious is one of the side effects of this drug. you need to get a second opinion. Like i said there are so many different things you can take to get some sleep.
yep been there along with the morning hangover feeling that stuff was awful didnt do any thing for me i also found my reactions were slow i shook a lot i looked permanantly stoned i only took it for a week as for the dreams well they were more like halucinations than dreams purple roads orange bushes policemen dressed in yellow that sort of stuff and more told the doc in the end that if i wanted halucinations id go and buy something off the street
Absolutely...I used to take 300mg before sleep. I would wake up feeling entirely hungover. I also found it helped to minimize that feeling if I took the pills 1 hour before sleep with alot of water.

Good luck and take care of you!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net