Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Unhappiness?

I've been going through a depression, long one in fact. My parents divorced, and since then my life is not getting better at all...I'm only 16 but feel that I am already 50. My life doesn't get better and I haven't experienced a good life to my extent. I understand its my choice and I've done everything to my power. I have even gone as far as taking medication and seeing a psychiatrist. From other people's perspectives, besides the sayings that we go by all the time. How do you find real happiness. I mean, WITHOUT CLICHES or other quotes and sayings that sound good but can rarely be accomplished.
Answer:
Well, I'll start by saying first that I'm sorry for what you are going through. A lot of the time people say it'll be OK but sometimes its really not and it will be a long time before everything is really OK that sounds really discouraging but that's sometimes how it really is. But I've found in times of depression in my life that I've had to find my own personal passion that did not depend on others. I went searching around for something that somewhat made me happy and helped to occupy my mind. ( My own personal example ) It may sound silly but I started making hemp jewelry it gave me a sense of accomplishment when I finished a piece and kept my mind off of things. This is something that helped me. Sometimes you cannot change the situation that has made you so unhappy but sometimes the littlest thing that makes you happy, no matter how small, can help you make it through. Hope this helps.
God
You need to double your meds. They are not working
that must be pretty tough on you.
me, too, have my share of depression. but i realized that hapiness is something i gotta decide to have or else i'm not gonna have it.
that's a tough one. no one is constantly happy. however, finding a purpose and meaning in your life is a big part of real finding happiness. it's more of a process, not an event. it will take time to try on new things, experiment with what you like, what you are drawn to etc...find what your own talents.

another part of search for happiness is finding healthy and life-giving friendships/relationships. people that appreciate you and don't expect perfection but accept you for who you are good and bad.

you'll find your way, hang in there.
See depression treatments at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... on page 2.
maybe you need to try different medication until it actually works.i had to go through several medications to up my moods from the depression i was going through...except your depression has a reason for why you are unhappy...i really had not much of a reason to be sad..i have heard of shock therapy working for some people.

just try to keep your mind distracted by writing poetry,reading, drawing and writing stories to express your emotions in kind of a hidden way.
i'm starting to fall back into my depressed mood though,but things that make me happier are: exercising, drawing,writing, reading miracle stories, watching meaningful movies, reading sad poems, and listening to music.
many people go through depression ...and some have it worse than others.you're not alone...
Either change the thoughts u r havin that r makin u feel depressed or change the environment ur in!
Start agen,not easy tho!!
Look afta urself!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net