Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trouble getting to sleep at night...?

what can i do to help me get to sleep i always end up staying up untill 2-300 in the morning
Answer:
So do I ! Try reading a book, when you get sleepy, leave the lamp on and go to sleep, don't do anything, don't get out of bed, because then it goes away. Try listening to soft music until you fall asleep. You can even leave the TV on and get used to going to sleep with it. But my favorite, not because I like it, but because it works the best, let your body fall asleep at 2 a.m, set an alarm for early in the morning (7 or 8), then keep yourself busy the whole day, no naps, and go to bed early, do it a couple of nights and your body will adjust. If that doesn't work, try webmd.com
start getting on a regular exercise program, that usually will snap your body/mind back on line...if that doesn't help try taking tryptophan when u r ready for bed. That's the stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy, worked wonders for me years ago and people i have told about it said it worked for them too.
i used to have the same problem, so i usually listen to music before i try to sleep. It helped me =]
Do some exercises , so that feel tired and drink milk before you go to sleep
It's 3.30am here in UK so don't ask me!
-Do some physical exercise in the evening maybe go to a gym.
- Dont watch TV as the last thing before hitting to bed.
- Take a relaxing shower before sleep.
- Finally, don't think about anything when you are trying to sleep, just relaxxxxxxxx
I have trouble sleeping as well, and im also a VERY light sleeper so every little noise wakes me up.
-Get a lot of fresh air and exercise in the DAYtime
-Take a warm bath about an hour before you want to sleep
-Drink chamomile tea or sleepytime tea about 1/2 hour before you want to sleep
-Get some lavender candles or incense--very relaxing
-Learn to meditate--it clears the mind, and can help
-If you are near 18, try MELATONIN, an over-the-counter supplement that helps even those with jet lag-or those working rotating shifts to sleep

If none of the above helps (but some should), you may need to not sleep at all when it hits 3 in the morning. Force yourself to stay up until at least 7PM the following night. You may need to do this a couple of times to 'turn your hours around'.
Melatonin works well.
Unisom is good.

And I have a number of techniques in my blog on myspace at www.myspace.com/thedavezone
I used to have this problem. I would always pick night to think over all my thoughts because i was busy during the day. I would try not to think but my mind just wanted to. This was just something that slowly stopped when I slowly started having more meditation periods during the day (I don't mean like sitting down and doing some yoga, I mean just taking time to relax.) I also tried to get all my energy out during the day or before I go to bed in order to help me go to sleep at night.
See insomnia treatments, at http://www.ezy-build.net. (.net.nz/~shaneris) on page 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Mental Health © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net